Wednesday 18 September 2013

Iyanden 2000 Wraith-List

After a lot of masking tape action, I got my models ready to play. The paint job isn't finished, but I was itching to see what they could do. Oh boy, I discovered they can do wonderful things  I'll post battle reports shortly.



HQ
Spiritseers [Iyanden] (185)
+ Wraithseer,  The Wraithforge Stone [Iyanden], Guardian Helm of Xellon [Iyanden] (115)
+ Wraithseer (70)

4 Troops
5 Wraithguards (160)
+ Serpent, TL Scatterlaser, Shurikencannon, Holofield (145) (305)
5 Wraithguards (160)
+ Serpent, TL Scatterlaser, Shurikencannon, Holofield (145) (305)
5 Wraithguards, Warpscythes (210)
 + Serpent, TL Scatterlaser, Shurikencannon, Holofield (145) (355)
5 Wraithblades, Ghostaxe and Shield (160)
+ Serpent, TL Scatterlaser, TL Shurikencatapult, Holofield (135) (295)

Heavy Support
Wraithknight, Suncannon and Shield, 1 x Scatterlaser (300)

Total 1750 Points

Addition for 2000 Point games:
Heavy Support:
6 Reavers,
+ Starstrike rockets,
+ Exarch, Reaver-Launcher, Starstrike Rockets, Nightsight, Firestorm

I put this list together with the idea of playing something completely different. Iyaden being heavily reliant on Wraith constructs appealed to me and I went as far as I could points permitting with this theme.

The list uses the Iyanden Eldar Supplement. That allows me to designate the Wraithknight as Warlord and gives me the chance that he gets nice buffs from the Iyaden Warlord table. The supplement also allows sticking up to five Spiritseers into one HQ slot. The Wraithforge Stone can heal a Wraith unit for 1 point on 3+, the guardian helm is automatic success on Look-out Sir! and permits delegating challenges to a wraith model in the same unit.

More importantly for the short-weapon range of the droids (12", flames or melee only) is the Iyanden Primaris Power for Runes of Battle. This grants all wraith units within 12" of the caster Battletrance and Furious Charge, offering improved mobility.

The Serpents can transport 6 of the Wraithguards - or five of them plus a seer. The 12" movement distance is great, but the serpents do not offer fireports or serve as assault vehicle.

The Wraith units offer a respectable amount of AP2 attacks. In total 10 shots S10 AP2, 5 Flame templates S4 AP2 and three 3" blasts S6 AP2 blasts from the knight.

In addition to the wraith AP2 attacks, the serpents offer significant fire support. A hit with the twinlinked Scatterlaser makes all other weapons twinlinked. The Serpentshield offers D6+1 60" S7 shots that ignore cover. Add a Shurikencannon and the Serpent kicks out a nasty amount of S6/S7 shots which lack AP, but saturate a target quickly.

I wrote the above in hindsight, with four 1v1 games under my belt in the last few days.

1 comment:

  1. wow, thats almost identical to the list I have, except I run wraithlords in there also.

    However fro xmas I got 10 more WG a WK and a Wraithseer ( forgeworld) so Its time to take a look at what I have available. I also read your batreps, well done!!

    ReplyDelete